The Y.A.L.E School’s Mullica Township campus, located in Elwood near the White Horse Pike and Atlantic City Expressway, serves students 3 to 10 years of age with autism spectrum disorders.
The program provides full-day, educational programming, with extended school year services available. Classrooms offer low student-to-staff ratios. Instruction is based on the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), an evidence-based treatment shown by research to be highly effective. The Mullica Township campus operates within a public elementary school, giving students the opportunity to receive highly specialized services in a setting offering interactions with typical peers.
To improve student outcomes, every goal in a student’s IEP is measured objectively and frequently. Performance data are often graphed. Changes to each student’s instruction and services are based on data trends, clinical conferences, parent conferences, and IEP requirements.
The Mullica Township campus offers:
- Low student-to-staff ratio
- Small classes limited to eight students
- Highly-qualified teachers
- ABA-based instruction
- Data-based instruction and intervention
- Curriculum focused on academics, life skills, functional communication, fine and gross motor skills, adaptive behaviors, and greater independence
- Instructional strategies, including errorless teaching, incidental teaching, functional behavioral assessments, individualized activity schedules and verbal behavior
- Individualized schedules of reinforcement
- Opportunities for interaction with typical peers provided on an individualized basis
- Program supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA)
- Frequent communication between school, home, and the student’s home district
- On-site parent education and training programs
- An extended school year program
The admissions coordinator at each campus makes admissions decisions, but the referral process follows a standard multi-step process. Click here to learn more about our admissions and referral process.
News Stories About This Campus
- Sense-ational Donation Volunteers from American Water donated nearly a dozen “Sensory Bins” to the students at The Y.A.L.E. School’s Mullica Township campus. Each bin was filled with games, puzzles, bubbles, parachutes, toys, chalk, and beads, which can be used to help motivate students.
During the AmerICANs in Action! Month of Service, employees across the business sector participate in ... Read More »
- Mullica Twp. campus Back to School Night Back to School Night event for parents and guardians of Mullica Twp. campus students.
Read More »
- Team Y.A.L.E. Walks for Autism Speaks More than a dozen staff and students from three Y.A.L.E. School campus locations — Audubon, Mullica Township, and Voorhees — joined forces with tens of thousands of other autism advocates on May 18 for the ‘Walk Now for Autism Speaks.’ The nation’s largest grassroots autism walk raises millions for research.
Team Y.A.L.E., this year donning ... Read More »
- Photo Gallery: Y.A.L.E. School Mullica Township Celebrates April “Bubbles 4 Autism” Awareness Event Students and staff at the Y.A.L.E. School Mullica Township campus joined approximately 900 Mullica Township school district students, parents, and staff for “Blow Bubbles 4 Autism” blowing bubbles and forming a huge “autism awareness ribbon” shape on the school’s field (pictured in overhead view below). “Blow Bubbles 4 Autism” is a worldwide April Autism Awareness ... Read More »
- 10th Annual “Bubbles For Autism” at Y.A.L.E. School Mullica Township On Monday, April 22nd at 1:00 PM Mullica Township School and Y.A.L.E. School will be participating in an Autism Awareness Ribbon Formation activity in honor of Autism Awareness Month and Bubbles For Autism.
They will be marking out a ribbon pattern on the middle school field for grades 1-8. There will be a photo taken ... Read More »
Map & Driving Directions
From Atlantic City Expressway Exit 28
From Garden State Parkway S Exit 44
- Take AC Expwy Exit 28 toward Hammonton/Trenton/Delaware
- Head NE on 12th St toward Hammonton
- Turn right onto S Egg Harbor Rd
- Slight right onto U.S. 30 E/S White Horse Pike
- Turn right onto Elwood Rd
- Take Exit 44 toward Pomona Rd
- Turn right onto Pomona Rd
- Slight right onto County Route 633/W Jimmie Leeds Rd
- Turn right onto U.S. 30 W/W White Horse Pike
- Turn left onto Elwood Rd