The Y.A.L.E. School’s Northfield campus is located in Atlantic County, just west of Atlantic City. The program serves students 5 to 21 years of age with one or a combination of emotional, behavioral, social, or learning disabilities. Some students may have a clinical diagnosis of anxiety disorder, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (A.D.H.D.), mood, personality, obsessive-compulsive, or oppositional defiant disorders, and/or specific learning disabilities. Most struggle with effective relationships with peers and adults.
The Northfield campus offers academic instruction that stresses applied behavior analysis (ABA). Activities focus on coordination of community–based mental health services and supports for both students and families.
Classrooms feature state-of-the art educational technology, including computers and specialized software for each student. Transition planning and transition services—including mentoring, job skills training, and practical experience in real world situations— are offered to older students as they prepare for life after graduation.
The Northfield campus offers:
- Low student-to-staff ratio
- Small classes limited to 8-10 students per class
- Highly-qualified teachers
- Small group instruction
- ABA-based instruction
- Counseling services for students and families
- A strong therapeutic focus
- Data-based instruction and intervention
- Social skills instruction
- Ongoing program review
- Curriculum that stresses academics, independence, social and communication skills
- Trips and activities in the community
- Extensive parent training and support
- Opportunities to participate on athletic teams
- Individualized transition planning and post-graduation placement
- Frequent communication between school, home, and the referring district
- An extended school year program
The admissions coordinator at each campus makes individual admissions decisions, but the referral and application process follows a standard multi-step process. Click here to learn more about our admissions process.
News Stories About This Campus
- GreenVision Electronics Recycling Helping Students Prepare For the Transition to Work At The Y.A.L.E. School’s Northfield and Williamstown campuses, GreenVision® electronics recycling provides an opportunity for students to gain employment skills while helping the environment by collecting, dismantling and recycling electronics, appliances and other e-waste. The new program gives students an opportunity to build a résumé before leaving high school.
Glenn Martins, a school psychologist at the ... Read More »
- Y.A.L.E School Northfield Hosts Events for Community Leaders Family Support Organization Event
Earlier this fall, staff and students at The Y.A.L.E. School’s Northfield campus teamed up with leaders at the Atlantic Cape Family Support Organization to present a fall festival. Parents, students and community members came to the school to learn about services and resources in the community.
Here is what Hilda Rivera, at ... Read More »
- 1st Annual Holiday Craft Fair at Northfield Campus 1st Annual Holiday Craft Fair at Y.A.L.E. School Northfield campus
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Table Space – $25 in Gym, $20 in Hallway
Table Rental – $5 per table – limited availability
Electricity Available Upon Request
Please make checks payable to:
1000 Burton Avenue
Northfield, NJ 08225
For more information, please call Dara Culmone (after 3:00 ... Read More »
- Northfield Campus FSO Fall Festival Event The Atlantic Cape Family Support Organization in cooperation with the Y.A.L.E. School Northfield campus present the Fall Festival event for students and their family members. Attendees can learn about services and resources available in their communities. Food, fun, and information for families. At the Northfield campus — rain date November 9th. For more information, please ... Read More »
- VIDEO: GreenVision At The Y.A.L.E. School Makes Quick Work of E-waste In this video, we catch up with how things are going with the new GreenVision® school-to-work program at The Y.A.L.E. School Northfield and Williamstown campuses.
GreenVision® provides an opportunity for students to gain employment skills while helping our environment by collecting, dismantling and recycling electronics, appliances and other e-waste. More info including how to donate your ... Read More »
Map & Driving Directions
From AC Expressway Exit 7/Garden State Pkwy South
From Garden State Pkwy North
- Take Exit 7 toward Garden State Pkwy
- Merge onto Garden State Pkwy
- Take exit 36 toward County Rd 563/Tilton Rd
- Turn right onto County Rd 563/Tilton Rd
- Continue to follow Tilton Rd
- Turn right onto Burton Ave
- Head northeast on Garden State Pkwy toward Exit 36
- Take exit 36 toward Northfield/Pleasantville/Atlantic City/US-40/US-322
- Turn left onto Atlantic 651/Fire Rd
- Take the 1st right onto Tilton Rd
- Take the 2nd right onto Burton Ave